- Monitor your phone battery usage by App.
Find the bad apps :)
Settings -> General -> Usage -> Battery Usage
- Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> Share my Location is turned ON by default.
- This will share you location with your Friends/Family members in Messages and Find My Friends apps. Truning this off will save your battery.
Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services-> System Services -> Location-Based iAds is turned ON
- If ON then it will serve you location based Ads in Apps instead of generic Ads. Truning this off will save your battery.
- This is how my current System Services locations settings are.
This is one of the biggest battery "drainer". Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Fetch New Data
Turning Push to OFF will save lot of battery. You can always move important work email accounts to check periodically instead of Push.
Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Share My Location
Turning this off will "limit" not prevent from tracking for Ads. Turning this On will help.
Settings -> Privacy -> Location Service. Turn off apps like Facebook, Twitter and other apps which uses your GPS location in background. You can leave apps like google maps to serve you directions while driving!
Settings -> iTunes $ App Store -> Updates. Turning this ON will download App updates automatically.
Settings -> General -> Siri. Turning this ON will enable your phone to activate Siri when you speak "Hey Siri" without press and hold the home button. Note: this will work only when your phone is plugged in.
Settings -> General -> Keyboards -> "select the 3rd party keyboard you want to apply system wide."
I'll add more as soon as I find it.
Ask me Qs related to iOS8. I'll learn a lot from your questions related to iOS.
Enjoy iOS 8.